Father’s Day weekend is just around the corner, and picking out a gift for my dad still proves to be super hard after all these years (dry macaroni bracelets just don’t cut it anymore). But there is one thing that I can never go wrong with: cooking him a delicious vegan meal! And you should do the same for your dad. It’ll make his belly and his heart happy—a healthy vegan diet lowers the risk of heart disease, cancer, and stroke. It’s a win-win! Want to show your dad how much you ♥ him and help animals at the same time? Check out our top five dad-approved vegan recipes for Father’s Day:
- “Cheesy” Tofu Scramble With Avocado: This yummy and hearty meal will get your dad ready for his special day!
- The 5-Layer Taco Burger: I think the name says it all—you just know it’s going to be epic.
- Teriyaki-Marinated Kabobs: Enjoy a day outdoors by firing up the grill with your dad.
- Meat-Lovers Vegan Nachos: Yep, these are totally vegan and dee-licious! Perfect for snacking while watching the game with your dad.
- Black Bean and Jicama Tacos: Serve these babies with some super-spicy salsa if your dad is anything like mine.
There you have it: five recipes that your dad—and animals—will surely love! You can even veganize your dad’s favorite meal. Don’t forget to send a photo of what you made to StreetTeam@peta2.com to get 250 points! Hope you have a great Father’s Day. :)